Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) Information
If a client is approved for the PIPP program, he/she is responsible for making an on time payment each month to his/her utility company. The utility company will automatically sign the client up for budget bill amount. For each month the client makes an on time monthly payment, the state will credit the bill for their portion of the payment. The client’s portion will be 6% of the total household income, plus whatever is left over after the maximum state portion payment. Both payments must total enough to cover the budget bill amount.
· PIPP payments from the State WILL NOT exceed:
- Primary Gas of $100/month which is $1200/year
- Primary Electric of $150/month which is $1800/year
- Dual Vendor of $150/month which is $1800/year
- Secondary Electric $50/month which is $600/year
· Income guidelines are 150% of the federal poverty level.
· Must have Ameren, Com-Ed, and or Nicor to apply for PIPP.
· If clients have zero income, they still have a minimum monthly payment they must meet:
- Primary Gas, Primary Electric, and Dual Vendors is $10/month
- Secondary Electric is $5/month
· This program year’s PIPP application will remain active until August 31, 2012, unless the client is dropped from the program before that date.
· Clients missing three payments, will be dropped from PIPP.
· Households with zero income must re-certify every three months.
· If a client is/was on the PIPP program, he/she CANNOT apply for LIHEAP, during the same program year for the same utility, even if they have been dropped from the PIPP program.
· A client can choose whichever program benefits them more.
· The clients that will benefit the most from the PIPP program will be households with higher arrearages and/or little or limited income.
The following are the income guidelines for the PIPP Program for 150% federal guidelines of 30 day income:
1 person household $ 1,361
2 person household $ 1,839
3 person household $ 2,316
4 person household $ 2,794
5 person household $ 3,271
6 person household $ 3,749
7 person household $ 4,226
8 person household $ 4,704
9 person household $ 5,181
10 person household $ 5,659
If additional information is needed, please can call 1-800-323-5434, Monday through Friday, 8:00-4:30.
405 Emmons Avenue, P.O. Box 610, Rock Falls, IL 61071
TOLL FREE: 1-800-323-5434