Head Start Program
Early Head Start Program
The TCOC Early Head Start Program is a comprehensive, family development
· To be enrolled in Early Head Start, a child must be under the age of
· Pregnant moms may enroll
· The family must meet our income guidelines
· Children with diagnosed disabilities may be considered for enrollment regardless of income
Each child enrolled in Early Head Start Home-Based option will have a Parent/Child Educator come to their home for 90– minutes a week to work with parents to provide children with learning experiences. The Parent/Child Educators will provide parents and children with child health and developmental services, early childhood education and development, health and safety, child nutrition and child mental health.
Families are also encouraged to attend Socialization Days that are scheduled for twice a month. They offer activities, snacks and parent networking.
Center-Based option provides quality care to children in a safe and developmentally appropriate education setting. It offers enrichment experiences in an atmosphere of acceptance through reciprocal and responsive interactions between teachers and babies/toddlers.
Parents must be working 25+ hours a week, or be enrolled in a training program or school full-time and must qualify for child care subsidy.
Service Offered for both Home-Based and Center-Based
Early Education Services
· Developmental screening
· Learning experiences which help children develop socially, intellectually, physically, and emotionally
· Promote developmental competence in the earliest years
· At-home activities
· Parent education and parent/child activities
Comprehensive Health and Mental Health Services
· Determining child’s health status
· Social-emotional screening
· Extended follow-up and treatment
· Ongoing care
· Mental health services
To meet the goals of Early Head Start, parent participation is needed. This means that parents will be actively involved in their child’s learning by participating in home visits, parent meetings, socialization days and by taking part in other Early Head Start activities.
Home-Based Service Areas
· Whiteside County
· Ogle County
· Marshall County
· Carroll County
Center-Based Service Areas
405 Emmons Avenue, P.O. Box 610, Rock Falls, IL 61071
TOLL FREE: 1-800-323-5434